- Interaction Design
- Web Developer
- Visual Design & Digital Illustration
2010 – presentDirector of User Experience AdSafe Media
- Lead the team designing and developing the Control Center, our primary analytics, reporting, and campaign set-up interface.
- The Control Center gives clients insights into how their campaigns are performing in our system. It also allows our small Client Services team to provide industry leading customer service, managing hundreds of active campaigns with a staff of less than ten.
- Worked with Marketing Team on the recent revamp of our marketing site to give it stronger messaging, more personality, and make it easier to update.
1998 – 2010Freelance Designer Highlighted projects include:
- UI Design for JP Morgan Chase. Helped create design standards and workflows for major redesign of highly transactional intranet.
- Flash design & development for Disney Theatrical.
- Site design & development for clients in various industries, including: architecture, interior design, product design, financial servies, performing arts.
2008 – 2010Senior UI Developer JP Morgan Chase
- Worked with Treasury Services' Client Experience group to create high quality, functional prototype of major revamp of web app.
- Helped grow UI dev team from two people to seven – interviewed candidates, instituted source control, bug tracking, coding standards, etc.
- Worked with application developers to create html/css templates to match design style guide.
- Built intranet tool to track and document dozens of design patterns used by designers.
2003 – 2008UI Design Lead & Site Developer Wrightson ICAP, NYC
- Led redesign of financial news site.
- Led rapid prototyping of visual and interaction designs.
- Developed custom tools for presentation of information on multiple platforms, including the web and Bloomberg terminals.
- Collaborated with development team on implementation of complex, dynamic, data-driven site using C#/.NET.
2002 – 2006Designer Estee Lauder Corporation, NYC
- Product illustration and prototyping.
- Package design.
- Pattern development.
1999 – 2000UI Design Lead Thomson Financial BankWatch, NYC
- Led interface and visual design for data-driven, web-based version of existing BankWatch products (previously delivered on CD-ROM only).
- Unified interface from disparate product lines.
- Adapted functionality from CD to web.
- Devised new functionality based on web delivery.
- Provided documentation and style-guide.
- Provided prototypes and templates to be converted to JSP-based pages.
- Enhanced look, organization and clarity using visual elements from existing marketing materials.
1992 – 1998Senior Artist ASCIArt and Science of Computer Imaging,
Mountain View, CA
- Led a team of artists & designers in the creation of animations, print materials, web sites, and videos.
- Involved with projects from concept through delivery.
- Organized and managed many large, concurrent projects.
- Mastered numerous imaging, drawing, and animation systems.
- Clients included Fujitsu, Hewlett-Packard, Hitachi, Acuson, Ernst & Young, and Silicon Graphics.
June, 1994Stanford University Stanford, CAB.S., Science, Technology & Society with a concentration in Computer Science. Minor in Music: voice & conducting.
Coursework: Computer Science, Design, Philosophy, Sociology.
- Software knowledge includes Photoshop, Illustrator, OmniGraffle, Flash, Eclipse, NetBeans.
- Computer platforms include Unix, Macintosh & Windows.
Portfolio & references are available on request.