- Technical Leadership
- Interaction Design
- Full Stack Web Development
- Visual Design & Digital Illustration
2010 – presentVP Product Engineering Integral Ad Science
- Work with other leaders to establish priorities and build the culture we want.
- For our reporting & analytics dashboard, our setup UI, and our ad tag measurement technology:
- work with product & design teams to define requirements and priorities
- work with engineers & engineering managers to establish best practices and to design technical implementations
- analyze data trends for problems and opportunities
- work with data science team to plan and implement new data collection efforts
- manage front-end & mobile engineers
- manage cross-functional teams in product delivery
- lead key measurement and reporting projects
- Previous titles: Lead UI Developer, Director of User Experience, Senior Director of Engineering
1998 – 2010Freelance Designer Highlighted projects include:
- UI Design for JP Morgan Chase. Helped create design standards and workflows for major redesign of highly transactional intranet.
- Flash design & development for Disney Theatrical.
- Site design & development for clients in various industries, including: architecture, interior design, product design, financial servies, performing arts.
2008 – 2010Senior UI Developer JP Morgan Chase
- Worked with Treasury Services' Client Experience group to create high quality, functional prototype of major revamp of web app.
- Helped grow UI dev team from two people to seven – interviewed candidates, instituted source control, bug tracking, coding standards, etc.
- Worked with application developers to create html/css templates to match design style guide.
- Built intranet tool to track and document dozens of design patterns used by designers.
2003 – 2008UI Design Lead & Site Developer Wrightson ICAP, NYC
- Led redesign of financial news site.
- Led rapid prototyping of visual and interaction designs.
- Developed custom tools for presentation of information on multiple platforms, including the web and Bloomberg terminals.
- Collaborated with development team on implementation of complex, dynamic, data-driven site using C#/.NET.
2002 – 2006Designer Estee Lauder Corporation, NYC
- Product illustration and prototyping.
- Package design.
- Pattern development.
1999 – 2000UI Design Lead Thomson Financial BankWatch, NYC
- Led interface and visual design for data-driven, web-based version of existing BankWatch products (previously delivered on CD-ROM only).
- Unified interface from disparate product lines.
- Adapted functionality from CD to web.
- Devised new functionality based on web delivery.
- Provided documentation and style-guide.
- Provided prototypes and templates to be converted to JSP-based pages.
- Enhanced look, organization and clarity using visual elements from existing marketing materials.
1992 – 1998Senior Artist ASCIArt and Science of Computer Imaging,
Mountain View, CA
- Led a team of artists & designers in the creation of animations, print materials, web sites, and videos.
- Involved with projects from concept through delivery.
- Organized and managed many large, concurrent projects.
- Mastered numerous imaging, drawing, and animation systems.
- Clients included Fujitsu, Hewlett-Packard, Hitachi, Acuson, Ernst & Young, and Silicon Graphics.
June, 1994Stanford University Stanford, CAB.S., Science, Technology & Society with a concentration in Computer Science. Minor in Music: voice & conducting.
Coursework: Computer Science, Design, Philosophy, Sociology.
- Software knowledge includes Photoshop, Illustrator, OmniGraffle, Flash, Eclipse, NetBeans.
- Computer platforms include Unix, Macintosh & Windows.
Portfolio & references are available on request.